THE DISTILLERY FUNCTIONS:
The BOOST section is the heart of The Distillery. With the combination of +20db of super transparent musical volume amplification along with sophisticated tone shaping options, The Distillery has created a new class of effect, changing the way players think about a boost pedal.
- ON/OFF: A True By-Pass Switch
- BOOST: Up to +20dB of pure, transparent, musical volume boost.
- GUTS: Extra Gain, Tone Structure Preamp Control. It will tighten up the signal, adds definition, harmonic detail, sensitivity, and mild natural compression. Adds presence to humbuckers, boldness to single coils. Your leads will cut through the mix without altering your original tone and feel. Magic.
- BLEED: Variable Z Control. It can be used as a subtle tone control, matching your humbuckers or single coils output, or replicating the input of many classic beloved stompboxes of the past.
Like the BOOST section, the SHAPE EQ section has been designed and tuned with the goal of replicating sound and feel you get by adjusting your guitar’s tone and volume and your amplifier’s controls directly. The Distillery integrates itself into a great guitar-amp combination.
Some users will even claim that in combination with BOOST section, the SHAPE section controls will feel and sound, like swapping the pickups on their guitar.
Designed to work ideally with an electric guitar’s magnetic pickups, The Distillery is most effective when placed first in the signal chain, but the SHAPE section can also be extremely effective when The Distillery is placed after an effect like an overdrive, distortion or fuzz pedals that are harmonicly rich.
- ON/OFF: Switchable Filter EQ : It will engage the EQ section.
- CONTOUR: Low Pass Filter Control, gives you a range from airy highs to low fat tones
- EDGE: Q Control. Adds Air, Sparkle, or focused Vocal Mids.